FCA Umbrella Services
Corporate finance is a regulated activity covered by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. When carrying out a regulated activity in the UK companies and individuals must be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), either as a principal firm (directly authorised by the FCA) or as an Appointed Representative of an authorised regulatory umbrella provider such as Bristol York.
Companies and individuals must have high levels of expertise as well as compliance, operational and corporate governance infrastructure. Principal firms are required to meet stringent capital adequacy requirements.
Under the Bristol York regulatory umbrella service, a company or individual can carry out regulated corporate finance activities and can be operational in a shorter timeframe with substantially less cost outlay. The firm’s collaborative approach goes above and beyond simply meeting the FCA’s regulatory requirements.
As an Appointed Representative of Bristol York a firm or individual can carry on certain regulated activities without being authorised on the basis that Bristol York has accepted responsibility for those activities.
Regulatory Umbrella Focus:
- Appointed Representatives (AR) and Approved Persons for corporate finance business
- Advising on investments
- Advising on P2P agreements
- Agreeing to carry on a regulated activity
- Arranging (bringing about) deals in investments
- Making arrangements with a view to transactions in investments
- Ensure ongoing FCA compliance
- Provide template legal documents such as fee agreements and NDAs
- Review external marketing materials